New Mexico Grown Approved Supplier ProgramIf you are a New Mexico grower interested in selling your locally grown food products to New Mexico schools, senior centers, early childhood centers, or food banks, consider becoming an Approved Supplier. Learn more about the Approved Supplier Program.
PRODUCE-PLUS: for produce, nuts, grains, legumes, and minimally processed goodsIf you would like to sell produce, nut, grain, or legume products:
Deadlines for the fiscal year 23-24 (July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024) are:
- March 31, 2023: Vendors who submit their application by March 31, 2023, will be approved for sales to schools and other institutions by July 1, 2023.
- Rolling approval after March 31, 2023 will be done on a case-by-case basis. Approval may take up to 45 days.
New Individual Vendors:New vendors that are individual producers are required to submit a full application for fiscal year 23-24 (July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024).
Returning Individual Vendors:If you have sold to institutions through the NM Grown Program in the past two years, you are required to submit an Abbreviated Survey for fiscal year 23-24 (July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024).
Food Hubs and Distributors:Food hubs and distributors are required to submit an Approved Supplier Program Application for fiscal year 23-24 (July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024).Learn more about the Approved Supplier Program.
Meat: for beef, bison, lamb/mutton, and pork productsIf you would like to sell meat products:
We are still accepting applications for fiscal year 22-23 (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023) for meat producers to participate in the New Mexico Grown Meat Pilot. Meat suppliers must be accepted as a meat vendor in the Approved Supplier Program to be able to participate.
- The meat pilot will run from July 2022 - June 2023.
- Allowable meat products include: beef, bison, lamb/mutton, and pork products.
- Eligible vendors include producers, processors, or distributors who are able to meet food safety and product specification requirements and who are interested in selling allowable New Mexico-grown meat products to early childhood education, public school, senior center, and food banks.
- Further details are provided in the application.
Apply today! Approved Supplier Program Meat Vendor Application
Fiscal year 23-24 (July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024) meat applications will be released by May 1, 2023 and will have a priority deadline of May 31, with rolling approvals after that.
Learn more about the Approved Supplier Program.
Questions? Please reach out:
Food Systems Initiatives Director
New Mexico Farmers' Marketing Association
Farmers' Market and Vendor Guidelines During COVID-19 Crisis
Read the most recent Public Health Order from Feb. 17, 2022, here.
Read the May 21, 2021, COVID-Safe Practices for Individuals and Employers here.
Having problems receiving emails from the NMFMA?
If emails from us end up in your spam folder, try this:
Add *@farmersmarketsnm.org and *@memberleap.com to your email system's Contacts list (don't forget to include the * ). Emails from contact lists usually bypass spam filters.