Food Value Chain or Other Organizations
Cost: $25 per year
This category is for local food businesses, food hubs, growers’ cooperatives, distributors, other food value chain entities as well as support organizations such as economic development organizations, distributors, nonprofits, and other community organizations that are interested in seeing New Mexico agriculture thrive.
(Renewing members process their renewal through an email invitation they receive a month before their membership is due to expire, or by contacting Membership Coordinator Catherine Baca.)
- Food hubs with and without CSAs: A "Food Hub" is a centrally located facility with a business management structure facilitating the aggregation, storage, processing, distributions, and/or marketing of locally/regionally produced food products.
- Farmer/Growers' Coops with and without CSAs: A farmer or grower co-op is a producer cooperative in which farmers pool their resources in certain areas of activity such as
aggregating product for distribution and sales, shared storage and infrastructure, etc.
- Distributors, Processors, and Other Food Businesses provide critical middle of the value/supply chain services to food producers and buyers.
- Service Providers, Support Organizations: These organizations provide technical
assistance, training, or other types of support and services to local agricultural producers and local community food initiatives.
- Trainings: Free attendance to appropriate trainings including the NMFMA farmer trainings including Tier 1 and Tier 2 Food Safety Trainings. Open to as many people from your farm as needed, including staff and farming partners.
- Annual Conference: Free registration for one person to the NMFMA's Annual Conference ($125 per person value). Additional attendees receive reduced rates.
- Marketing Resources: Free access to sales and marketing resources.
- Member Newsletter: Receive the NMFMA’s monthly member newsletter featuring local food news, grant opportunities, and more.
*Farm Stands and CSAs receive the above plus:
- Business Listing: Your market will be listed on the NMFMA's popular consumer websites and other publications.
- Market Support: Technical assistance with market and nutrition programs, and promotional material such as banners, posters, buttons, point-of-purchase material, if you are a Double Up outlet.